Thank you for your interest in participating in Farmers' Markets with the Urban Village Farmers' Market Association family. We take pride in offering the public the highest quality food products available, while offering small family farms and food / craft "artisans" an enjoyable environment to sell their products.
The common thread all Urban Village vendors share, is that they are all the producer of their product. The farmer grows it, the food vendor bakes it, and the artisan makes it! Please take a moment to complete the Producer Application to the right. If there is a space available for your product in our Markets, you will promptly receive a call or email requesting the below documentation.
- 2013 Certified Producers Certificate;
- Nursery License, Sellers Permit, if applicable;
- 2013 2nd Certificate and Authorization Letter, if applicable;
- 2013 Organic Producers Certificate, if applicable;
- Processing Permit from State Health Department, if applicable;
- Certificate of General Liability Insurance naming UVFM as Additional Insured;
- Certificate of Auto Insurance
- Current copy of County Environmental Health Permit and/or Food Processor’s Registration.
- Current copy of Vehicle Vending Permit from Health Department of County selling in.
- Current copy of Product Liability Insurance Policy with Urban Village Farmers' Market Association listed as "Additional Insured."
Artisan applications are reviewed by the Artisan Jury Board once a month. The requirements are:
- A one page, signed and dated bio of your background and history as an artist. Include your process, a description of ALL work that you would bring for sale, your price range, a description of your display, and whether you are a previous UVFM exhibitor. Items not described or juried may not be brought to the market!
- Six current photos of your work no older than one year old depicting high end to low end product, one photo of your display set-up, and one photo of you working in your workshop. The UVFM jury reserves the right to visit your workshop.
- Most recent receipt for purchase of raw material for product.
- You must have a State of California Resale Number (Seller’s Permit) from State Board of Equalization, (510) 622-4100.
- Certificate of General Liability Insurance naming UVFM as Additional Insured.
We are looking forward to working with you, and hope you will include our Markets in your future plans.
A note to Non-Profits
: Urban Village has a policy that does not allow non-profits (or commercial vendors) a space in our farmers' markets. However, we don't want to discourage you from coming to any farmers' market and setting up in our Free Speech areas (some markets), or right outside our barricaded areas on sidewalks (where allowed - check with City), or other public spaces near the market. We have limited space within the market boundaries, and only allow vendors who are producers of their product to set up there.